We are a multidisciplinary laboratory supporting research, service, and teaching and training activities. We conduct research and method development for the chemical analysis of drugs, environmental pollutants, natural products and other toxicants of interest in biological specimens and nonbiological samples.
Cannabis Biomarkers Study
Are you 18+ years old and have you smoked/vaped cannabis for recreational or medicinal purposes? If so, you may qualify for this confidential study on cannabis use patterns. Eligible participants who complete the study will receive a $50 cash payment.
Our facility may accept contracts for analytical services from academic, commercial and government customers. All contract requests will be considered for feasibility by the facility staff and faculty. Please contact the laboratory manager, Anamary Tarifa, with any questions regarding analytical services in the facility.
- Analytical and toxicological testing and validation services for target drugs using state of the art chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
- A library of more than 1500 analytical standards for licit and illicit drugs, including NPS and metabolites
- Screening, qualitative and quantitative analysis of therapeutic and pain management drugs and illicit substances in both biological and non-biological matrices
- Dr. Anthony P. DeCaprio, Associate Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Jose R. Almirall, Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Madhavan Nair, Professor and Founding Chair, Department of Immunology, Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- Dr. Diane M. Boland, Director, Toxicology Laboratory, Miami-Dade Medical Examiner Department